The Medical Professionals Assistance Program (MPAP)
The Medical Professionals Assistance Program (MPAP) is an employer-funded program that provides
Licensed Healthcare Professionals and their families with free access to mental health counseling,
supportive counseling, addictions referrals, and support for traumatic events.
Counselors are seasoned mental health and addictions professionals who understand the critically sensitive nature of providing support to physicians, dentists and other medical professionals.
Helping Hospitals and Medical Practices:
- Dedicated mental health and addictions services designed to assist and protect your physicians and other medical professionals who are in need of counseling, mental health therapy, addictions treatment and recovery
- Unique website with hospital/health center branding
- Dedicated phone numbers and web-based access exclusively for your professional staff
- Physician referral services for HR, medical directors and other medical supervisory staff
- Outreach, training and education programs
Helping Practitioners and their Families
- Complete anonymity. Medical professionals may discuss the nature of the issue, receive assistance, clinical recommendations, and referrals to other physician supportive services without having to provide any personal-identifying information
- Therapists with extensive experience supporting medical professionals
- Access to NYS medical professionals’ services, support agencies and addiction recovery centers
- Practitioner advocacy information and referrals to legal services and license protective services
Medical practices, hospitals and other health care centers are encouraged to contact Kandie Sawyer at (518) 462-6531 Ext 114 for more information and to learn more about the unique benefits of this program.